Cleaning and sealing the pavers in your driveway will make them look like new. Where else can you spend so little to change so much? The difference is striking. Sealing adds value and curb appeal to your home or business. There are many reasons to have your driveway cleaned and sealed (we’ll go more in depth into that in a later blog), but here are just a few:
• Sealing helps protect you against water damage. Water causes more damage to driveways than any other single thing.
• Sealing helps protect your pavers against oil spills, antifreeze spills, and other spills by preventing these substances from penetrating.
• Sealing just plain makes your driveway look great! Imagine turning a completely unattractive surface into an elegant and beautiful surface once again.
Now that you’ve decided you simply must have your brick paver driveway cleaned and sealed, here are a few things you need to do to prepare for us to come and do that job.
1. Free up your driveway. Several of the steps we take in sealing your pavers require lengthy waiting times when you will not be able to use your driveway. Before beginning this maintenance process, make sure you have another place to put your cars! Clear your driveway of all vehicles, including trailers.
2. Clean up your driveway. Make sure that all of the debris is cleared off of the surface of your driveway, this includes children’s toys, bicycles, lawn furniture, planters, garbage, trash cans and any other items that might be on the surface we need to seal.
3. Take care of the lawn ahead of time. If the lawn adjacent to the driveway looks overgrown, mow the lawn and trim any vegetation growing along the paver’s edge. If you have a scheduled lawn maintenance, please be sure they will not be coming until at least 48 hours after the pavers have been sealed.
4. Rinse/wash off the area 2-4 days before, if there is any chalk or fertilizer present on the driveway.
5. Don’t water your lawn. Turn off your sprinkler/irrigation system for at least 24 hours after the sealing job.
6. No deliveries. Notify delivery truck drivers that your driveway area will be inaccessible until the sealcoating job and process is complete. Reschedule or make alternative arrangements for deliveries.
7. Let it dry. Wait at least 3 or 4 hours before walking on your newly sealed driveway, and at least 48 hours before driving on it.
Sealing your driveway at least every two years will provide the best protection against the elements and keep your brick pavers looking good for years to come. Give us a call at 239-218-5085, and have us come out and give your brick paver driveway new life with an Under Pressure seal coat, to return even your older brick pavers back to their original shine and beauty.
Under Pressure Cleaning & Sealing Services LLC
Peter LeBlanc - Owner/Operator
866-579-6942 • email@example.com
Proudly Serving Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte, Alva
© 2018 Copyright. All Rights Reserved. No Unauthorized use of materials on this site is permitted by law. Website maintained by Visitivity Inc.